Inmate Mail Rules
All incoming and outgoing mail to inmates, with the exception of legal mail, must be in pre-stamped or metered form. This change is being implemented to ensure the safety and security of jail facilities, inmates and staff.
- Stamps are NOT allowed, postcards must be metered or have a pre-printed stamp.
- Must be addressed to: Inmate’s full name and ID number, Facility name and address.
- Minimum size requirements are 3.5 inches by 4.25 inches.
- Maximum allowable postcard size is 4.25 inches by 6 inches.
- Should be written in BLUE or BLACK INK ONLY.
- Postcards must be white in color and are available at any United States Post Office.
- Defaced or altered Postcards.
- No plastic or wrappings on Postcards.
- Postcards marked with paint, crayons or markers.
- Postcards with labels or stickers.
- Postcards with watermarks or stains.
- Postcards with any biohazards, including perfumes or lipstick.
- Postcards depicting nudity, weapons or gang references.
- Postcards containing an affixed stamp.
Legal mail – Will be checked for contraband only and must be in official envelopes.
PHOTOGRAPHS – NO POLAROID PICTURES!
- Up to (4) photographs may be mailed to the jail, after the inmate has been incarcerated for a minimum of 30 days provided the envelope is clearly marked PHOTOGRAPHS.
- There may not be any other thing in the envelope except for pictures.
- Photographs may NOT be larger than 4 inches by 6 inches.
- The inmate name and ID number must be written on the back of the
photograph. Nothing else is to be written on the photographs.
- Photographs must be unaltered, and may not contain any adhesives, such as stickers or labels.
- Photographs must not depict sexual activity, visibly expose the breast, pubic area or buttocks, contain gang signs or codes or promote or show illegal activity.
- Envelopes containing additional inmate correspondence will be returned to sender.
POSTCARDS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE THROUGH THE COMMISSARY.
The address is as follows:
INMATE NAME Number
c/o Worth County Sheriff’s Office
201 North Main Street Rm# 14
Sylvester, Ga. 31791
- Only two books sent to an inmate per month