How do I contact the Sheriff?

To contact Sheriff Whitaker during business hours (8:00AM – 5:00PM), call (229) 776-8211.  After business hours, contact the dispatch center at (229) 776-8219 or by email at

How do I get a copy of a motor vehicle crash or incident report?

Worth County Sheriff’s Office works vehicle versus deer wrecks only. To pick up a copy of a motor vehicle crash or incident report, please contact the Sheriff’s Office during business hours at 229-776-8211.  If you are not a party involved in a car crash, you may not be able to pick up the report.  The Sheriff’s Office complies with the Georgia Open Records Act and certain information may cost the charges of research and reproduction as provided by law.  If you were involved in single vehicle wreck or a vehicle versus vehicle wreck, you must contact Georgia State Patrol Post 40 at 229-430-6585

How do I get a copy of my own criminal history for employment purposes?

To complete a criminal history request for your own employment purposes, you must appear to the administrative office of the Sheriff’s Office and submit the required form.  You may pick up the form and complete it when you come in, or you may download the form from this website, complete it at your convenience, and present it in person along with the required fee of $15.00 (CASH ONLY).  A government issued photo ID is required (driver’s license, passport, etc). If you wish to request a criminal history report, click here to download the form, and bring the completed form to the Sheriff’s Office.

My accident/incident report is wrong.  Who do I call?

If you have an issue with the accuracy of a report generated by the Sheriff’s Office, you should first contact the deputy who prepared it.  He or she may correct mistakes, but may not make changes that alter the facts as written unless there is a material mistake.  The final decision is the responsibility of the employee who created the report.  Reports will not be altered or changed if the information is factually accurate.

I have a product to offer for sale to the Sheriff’s Office.  Who do I contact?

If you want to do business with the Sheriff’s Office, contact Sheriff Whitaker directly at (229) 776-8211 or by email at

I want to apply for a job with the Sheriff’s Office.  Who do I contact?

Job applications must be picked up and returned to the Worth County Sheriff’s Office located at the Courthouse in Sylvester.  Please bring a copy of your driver’s license and social security card with your application.  Click here to download the form.

How do I make a complaint/compliment of an employee?

If you want to complain about the conduct of an employee, or praise the conduct of an employee, contact the Major Thompson at (229) 776-8218 at  He will forward all information to the Sheriff and/or the appropriate supervisor for follow-up.  He is responsible to the Sheriff for the conduct of all internal affairs investigations.  Anonymous complaints may be followed up or not, based on the nature of the investigation or information reported.

How do I contact the Jail Administrator?

Captain Rhonda Carter is responsible for the day to day operations in the Jail.  She can be reached at (229) 776-8211 during business hours.  To contact her after hours, call the dispatch center at (229) 776-8219. 

My relative is in jail.  What do I do?

If you someone you know is in jail, they will either have a bond hearing immediately after booking or within 72 hours of their arrest, depending upon the charges.  They will have ample opportunity to reach someone to arrange a bond.

My relative in jail is sick/injured.  What can I do?

The Worth County Jail has a doctor trained in emergency medicine under contract who is responsible for all inmate medical needs.  We use outside medical sources, when required, to provide inmate care.  If you know an inmate that is sick or injured, the inmate must make a request to see the doctor.  The jail staff will assist him or her as required.  The jail staff and the Sheriff are not doctors, and can not give medical advice to an inmate.  The jail physician makes all medical decisions.

How can I give my friend/relative in jail money for the store?

You may insert cash into our kiosk located at the Worth County Sheriff’s Office or you may go to  Click on start deposit, choose state of Georgia, then select Worth County Jail, click next, enter inmates’ last name. Follow the rest of the instructions directing you how to buy items from the store for an inmate currently incarcerated in our jail.

How can I get someone out of jail?

See the “Bonding” entry in the Jail Administration section. [Click here to go to “Bonding” section]

How do I get copies of 911 recordings?

All requests for 911 recordings must be in compliance with the Georgia Open Records Act (GORA).  If you would like to request a copy of a 911 recording, come the Worth County Board of Commissioners Office (229) 776-8200.  The request will then be submitted to the Supervisor of Communications for a determination whether or not the information can be provided.  If the information can be given out pursuant to GORA, there may be a nominal fee for that service.

How do I contact a patrol/traffic division supervisor?

The patrol division has a supervisor on duty 24 hours a day.  He or she can be reached at (229) 776-8211.

How do I have my home checked while I am on vacation or out of town?

The sheriff’s office provides house checks for individuals who plan to be absent from their home for vacation or other purposes.  You can come by the Worth County Sheriff’s office and fill out a house check form, or you can click here for a downloadable form and drop it off to the Sheriff’s office after it is complete. Click here to download house check form.

How can I check on the progress of my case?

You can check the progress of your case by contacting Major Thompson or the investigator assigned to your case.  The phone number to contact Investigation personnel during business hours is (229) 776-8218.

Who can I contact about my case if an arrest has already been made?

If an arrest has been made in your case, contact the District Attorney’s Office at (229) 776-8214 to make a status inquiry on felony cases.  Contact the Court Solicitor’s Office at (229) 387-8005 to make a status inquiry on misdemeanor cases or traffic tickets.

How do I report information about a case anonymously?

You can report information to the Sheriff’s Office by calling (229) 776-8218 and asking to speak to any investigator on duty.

When does the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) get involved in a case?

The GBI, under most circumstances, is asked by the Sheriff or the DA to assist in an investigation.